Title Investigation - Power Techniques Used in Cartoon Opening Theme Lyrics
- Research power techniques in language
* Living Language
* AS Textbook chapter on Language and Power
- Research appeal of children's cartoons and typical topics covered in children's themes (e.g. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/4193298/Cartoons-appeal-to-young-and-old-alike.html)
- Choose selection of cartoons (Selection of origins - Pokemon (Japanese), Darkwing Duck (Disney), Dangermouse (British), Jem (aimed at girls)
- Acquire lyrics (e.g http://www.tvtunesonline.com/lyrics/toons.asp) and descriptions of series.
- Topics to look for
* Subtopics of Graphology and Phonology.
* Things to consider:
- Boy-focused cartoons are more likely have powerful language
- Selection is focused on action-based cartoons
- Subject of the cartoon is crucial