• Investigation of 1750-2500 words - includes students own words only.
• An accompanying media text of 750 – 1000 words
Exam Board Says:
• Independent work
• Supported by teachers
• Data driven investigations (data quantity and quality is crucial)
• There is no hierarchy of data types
• Evidence of student learning – background reading
• Ethical practices are essential
• Referencing – ALL texts must be referenced, otherwise the folder is incomplete and 50% has to be removed.
Exam Board Advises
• A brief introduction & methodology is sufficient – therefore emphasis remains on analysis
• Background reading must be evident in both investigation and media text