Monday, 10 May 2010

BARCLAY 1996 – Seven Stages

BARCLAY 1996 – Seven Stages
• Stage 1: SCRIBBLING STAGE
Random marks on a page
Writing and scribbles are accompanied by speaking

• Stage 2: MOCK HANDWRITING STAGE
Writing + drawings
Produce wavy lines which is their understanding of lineation
Cursive writing

• Stage 3: MOCK LETTERS
Letters are separate things.

• Stage 4: CONVENTIONAL LETTERS
Usually involves writing the name as the first word.
Child usually puts letters on a page but is able to read it as words.

• Stage 5: INVENTED SPELLING STAGE
Child spells in the way they understand the word should be spelt- own way.

• Stage 6: APPROPRIATE/ PHOENTIC SPELLING STAGE
Attach spelling with sounds.

• Stage 7: CORRECT SPELLING STAGE
Are able to spell most words.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you have a reference for this? I cannot seem to find it anywhere else online

Nafisa.t13 said...

OMG... YOU ARE AN ANGEL, THAAAANK YOU!

Horn said...

Thank you for da crack and that. This really helped me fail my exam you tossers, btw I came when you said "angel" to that guy, it was sooooo fucking hot!

Horn said...

I really fucking hate this website, no where near as good as xhamster because that actually gives me fucking pleasure while looking at it, this made me want to fucking kill myself.

Post a Comment